Heart is the important marma (Vital organ) and one must protect the function of heart.
As long as heart is beating life is present and movement it stops beating the body is dead. If heart function is normal all body activities are normal and vice versa.
Heart is the location of mind and fear, grief, worries, anger, jealousy; hatred has effect on heart function. Hence so many times when you get severely affected by these psychological disorders person can looses consciousness and regains it back.
Heart has straight relation with arteries and veins. Whenever person’s Kapha is aggravated (Cholesterol) it affects blood vessels peripheral walls and leads to arteriosclerosis and various heart disorders.
Heart is the location of Ojus and this Ojus saves your life and provides immunity from different organisms. Ojus destruction leads to death. In heart diseases there is disturbances and destruction of Ojus at the end leads to death.
Cause factors for various heart disorders
- Excess body exercise.
- Hot, sharp, pungent food.
- Too many dairy products
- Toxins in the body.
- Incompatible food
- Unsuitable lifestyle
- Suppression of natural urges
- Previous diseases negligence
- External injury to body and heart.
Psychological factors: excess anxiety, fear and too much stress.
General Ayurvedic tips for heart patients for healthy living
- Morning walk in fresh air. Do not expose your body to wind.
- Massage on chest with vata pacifying oil.
- Avoid the cause factors.
- Rest if having heart problems.
- Not to talk too much or laughing and talking loudly.
- Not running around and be away from kama, krodha, lobh, dwesha.
- No physical relationship.
- Not to climb stairs and lifting heavy weight.
- Not to eat too much or do fasting either.
- Do not criticize others or get involved in to any political or unpleasant atmosphere.
- Be helpful, happy and have good friends around.
- Be in the group of sages, gurus and holistic nature.
- Rasayana chikitsa with chyavana prasha, ashvagandha churna, nagabala and arjuna churna.
- Give soft purgatives. Like resins or gulkanda or pachana churna.
- Give counselling for psychological disorders and patient should have patience and listen to soft music.
- Patient should be given Ajavayana arka or fennel arka frequently and should be given rose water for drinking.
– Arjuna: leaves juice with honey or give 3-10gm or arjuna chala churna with milk twice a day.